Monday, November 18, 2013

The end of summer's souvenirs

A few days ago the sun was finally shining through the clouds of fall in The Netherlands. I got upstair on the roof terrace and started to shoot some pictures of all the signs of a summer that were left. Some candles of a really nice and warm evening with the neighbours. Some clothespins from the days I could air dry my wardrobe outside. A broken vase with some condence from the rain. I brought me back to summer memories. What were your last days of summer? Do you still remember? What are your dearest memories?
But there is coming up another season, and soon the last souvenir's of summer will fade away..
The photo's I use are a mix from shots I've made and photography from my always loving favourite photographer Nirrimi.
xx Emilie
'So in the end, was it worth it? How irreparably changed my life has become. It's always the last day of summer. I'll grant you I've had more than my share of poignant moments. Life passes most people by while they're making grand plans for it. Throughout my lifetime, I've left pieces of my heart here and there.'
movie quote: blow
'What a summer it's been. Just the two of us. Lau and Lille. Lille and Lau.' 
'Strictly speaking, his life was his occupation. Yes, yes, Sebastian was a poet. That's what I meant when I said his life was his work because the work of a poet is th elife of a poet, and vice versa, the life of a poet is the work of a poet. I mean, you can't separate them. I mean, a poet's life is his work, and his work is his life in a special sense.'
movie quote: suddenly, last summer
My post soundtrack
'I have been living the same day over and over again for I don't know how long.'

Images
Nirrimi: 1, 3, 6, 8, 10, 12, 20, 23
Hola Bola Babes: 2, 4, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 22

More stories at:
 HOLA BOLA BABES facebook page

No comments:

Post a Comment